A T L A S T
G I V E A W A Y
As usual there are few rules.
• Participants must use any of the 3 Handmaids® fabric groups to make a pincushion of any type, maker’s choice.
Choose from She Who Sews, Draw Near, or Angel Band collections in your stash or
they are available in quilt shops.
Oh yeah, I think that is the only rule.
I was originally inspired to do a pin cushion challenge when I saw a vintage rocking chair pin cushion sewing caddy during the She Who Sews sewing room blog hop. I thought these were so charming that I purchased several off the internet just for this occasion. However, that was a few years ago. Once I posted them on our Joy Studio Vintage Etsy Shop in anticipation of making them available to this challenge, they quickly began to sell.
So, it is any pin cushion that you would like to make.
I also fell in love with these vintage porcelain pin cushion tops and began the process all over again. Sold those also but tucked these away for myself and thought they were perfect for a Handmaids® project.
Now, about the giveaway part.
The PRIZES we are offering for this challenge are:
• Framed Print
• Embroidery Package
• 2017 She Who Sews LANG Calendar
• 2017 She Who Sews LANG Day Planner
So, five prizes, five chances to win one of these items.
5 Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges and participant votes based on creativity, use of fabric and general appeal.
Announcing Winners September 15, 2016
A few more details:
• Anyone who sews (or non-sew project) and is among the first 50 to sign up.
• Anyone who can email us a photo of your finished project or projects.
• Anyone who will share this on your Facebook page (if you have) & your blog (if you have).
• Anyone who will like us on our Handmaids Facebook page OR follow this blog by email (in left sidebar).
- Sign up by July 31 with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and comment to this post.
Make a pincushion (s) of your choice using one (total) or more of the “She Who Sews,” “Draw Near” or “Angel Band” fabrics (collections from Quilting Treasures) – available in quilt shops & on line)
To be eligible/entered for the participant giveaway/drawing, you must email photo(s) of finished project(s) to email@example.com by September 7, 2016
Also (must) help us judge the entries with a vote in the last week (Sept.8 – 15) of the challenge.
• As always, I’m looking forward to seeing your projects!
A little mid summer sneak peek at our
collection from Quilting Treasures called,
“SHE SEWS SEA SHELLS”
just on the horizon, to your favorite quilt shop!