A 2018 CHALLENGE
has been on my mind all summer!
I wasn’t sure when we were going to get it in!
Then, during our Paperdoll Trunk Show at the MSQC Birthday Bash in Hamilton , I enjoyed a visit with Rhonda!!
She, like many of you has participated in the previous challenges, supported my efforts on social media and followed us faithfully.
It was a wonderful surprise!
And it was great to meet her in person and share. Thank you Rhonda.
We talked about doing another Post Card Challenge and exchange as we did for Valentines ’15 and still getting it in for this year.
However, I’m thinking . . . we’ll hold that thought for 2019 due to time, and I just may have the perfect NEW collection for a card challenge.
So, just this week,
I started working on an idea that I had for using the Paperdoll (main) Panel. A Needle Book Apron! I liked it so much then thought, ah ha
C H A L L E N G E ! ? ! ! !
At first, I thought Needle Book Apron Challenge? Sounds fun but did we want to limit it to aprons? Then it came to me,
NEEDLE BOOK CHALLENGE
just popped up!
And, whatever that title conjures up in your maker’s mind is OK.
Your project can be an apron, or anything you dream up following a few simple rules:
• You must use one of the J Wecker Frisch Paperdoll Panels from Riley Blake Designs, either the main or patch panels.
• Additional fabrics must be from the Paperdoll collection or any Riley Blake Designs Confetti Cottons Basics.
• You must complete project and send photos (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Fall Quilt Market. We’ll set an October 27th deadline.
• You must share on all (or any you have) of your social media platforms, Blogs, Facebook and Instagram using #needlebookchallenge
• You must follow us and Riley Blake Designs also on social media channels.
Instagram – J Wecker Frisch & Riley Blake Designs
Facebook – Joy Studio and Riley Blake Designs
Here on the Joy Studio Blog would be excellent! Although optional.
Post your progress photos on the same J Wecker Frisch or Joy Studio, FB or IG pages anytime using links above!
Be sure to use #needlebookchallenge so we can view collectively.
Oh, and did I mention PRIZES!?!!!
Winner will receive,
LANG She WHO SEWS Calendar Mini & Planner
LANG Draw Near Sketchbook
Paperdoll Fabric FQ
& a boxed LANG She Who Sews, Run the Race mug!
I would like us ALL, along with our panel of judges to vote for the winner so again, we must have your photos for that.
Each participant gets two votes, one for their own project and the other must be for someone else. 😉
Winner announced from Quilt Market! Can I do that? Lol
What did I forget?
Please join and have fun with you version of the Paperdoll Needle Book!
I look forward to seeing what YOU make!!!
Good luck Makers!